- Both only allow you install apps from the Windows Store
- Both have better battery life than the full versions of Windows they are a subset of
- Both were introduced on a Surface
What’s different this time?
- Windows 10 S can be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro – Windows RT will always be Windows RT
- Windows 10 S runs on standard PC intel processors, RT ran on more efficient processors
- Microsoft Office is not included with Windows 10 S, but is with RT
- Windows RT Surface was much less expensive than Windows 10 S Surface